Dr. Amy’s Naturally Skinny School
12 Weeks All About You
This is a fast paced 12 week program to teach you how to lose weight, feel great and make changes for good. You will learn all about your body, basic nutrition, exercise, food sensitivities and from day one you will start to make small step changes that add up to big goal weight loss. This isn’t a fad, it isn’t a gimmick, it’s a tried and true method that I have used with countless patients to help get them on track to healthy weight, vibrant health and general well being. Not only that, the side effects are better blood sugar control, better numbers on your cholesterol tests, and better sleep.
- Week 1 – The Basics. Motivation, Health risks of obesity, types of body measurements and what they mean, setting goals for you, helpers and blockers, hydration, simple tricks, and speed eating.
- Week 2 – Moving Forward. Blood sugars part 1, internal body safety, glycemic index, simple sugar balancers, food cravings, nutritional deficiencies, gut bacteria.
- Week 3 – Emotions and Food. Easy happiness, what actually creates happiness, serotonin, dopamine, gluten, casein, pure emotional eating, carb basics, fat basics, fiber basics, protein basics, non-nutrients, nutrition labels part 1.
- Week 4 – Food Sensitivities and Detox. Feeling toxic, falling off the wagon, food allergy vs. food sensitivity, the bucket theory, why food sensitivities affect weight, common symptoms, how to discover yours, addictions, toxins, why people quit weight loss programs, supporting your liver, why you can’t lose weight if you stay toxic
- Week 5 – Exercise and Blood Sugars Part 2. What exercise really means, our bodies aren’t designed for the modern world, inactivity, choosing the body you want, small steps to activity, syndrome X, insulin, insulin resistance, insulin and weight, nutritional deficiencies, what you can do.
- Week 6 – Exercise Part 2 and Sleep. Fidgeting, aerobic vs. anaerobic exercise, benefits of muscle, basic metabolic rate, what sleep is, sleep and health, sleep and your hunger signals, sleep stages, melatonin and cortisol, sleep apnea, finding balance.
- Week 7 – Calories, Fiber and Nutrition Labels What is a calorie, accuracy of calorie measurement, soluble fiber, insoluble fiber, fiber for weight, hidden ingredients, practice with nutrition labels.
- Week 8 – Appetite Control and Fats. Leptin, changing your leptin, ghrelin, influencing ghrelin, calorie counting basics, goals now, goals for the future, how you do it if you can’t count calories, stair-steps, apple cider vinegar, saturated fats, monounsaturated fats, polyunsaturated fats, trans fats, omega-3, -6, and -9 fats, the bottom line.
- Week 9 – All about hormones. The “E” word (that’s ‘estrogen’), fluctuations in weight, why fat and estrogen are linked, the Marilyn Monroe hormone, low vs. high estrogen, environmental estrogens, detoxifying estrogens, the cortisol connection, fat around the middle, stress response, cortisol and estrogen, stress reduction tips and techniques.
- Week 10 – The Perils of Restaurant Food and Benefits of Fruits and Veggies. Ingredients make a difference, marketing strategy is leave full and come back for more, cooking oils, the psychology of hunger, sit-down meals vs. fast food, the calorie deception, getting the most out of restaurant food, benefits of fruits and veggies, antioxidants, bioflavenoids, enzymes, vitamins and minerals.
- Week 11 – Fasting and Cleansing. Are you serious? Taking a metabolic break, cleansing safety, is this for me? Finding the right path for you and your health, the trouble with a cleanse in a box, fasting and blood sugars, why fast or cleanse?
- Week 12 – The Naturally Skinny Lifestyle. Basic education is over and you’re graduating! Here’s the plan moving forward and what to do to make sure you keep losing and reach your goals.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- skinny school
- what is skinny school
- The Skinny School
- what happens if you mix apple cider vinegar and omega 3
- weight loss skinny school
- the Skinny school programs
- What is classed as skinny
- skinny school weight loss program
- skinny school weight loss
- skinny school medicine